Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Going offline


Here I am, sitting in a hotel lobby in Austin, doing my best to wrap up all my online chores like email and bill paying before taking off for a week in Costa Rica in a couple of hours. I’ve been here at the South by Southwest Interactive Festival for the last few days. My brain hurts from all the trends, innovations and opportunities I learned about at the event. (And also, it hurts from a little too much partying four evenings in a row. Austin’s bars and music venues are the scene of parties staged by everyone from Google to Blogger to Adobe. The booze flows freely, and the patios are jammed shoulder to shoulder with the technorati. The conversations are so compelling, I end up getting back to the hotel way too late.)

Before I process all that took place here in an effort to get some new killer books into the pipeline, I'm taking a week off in a place where Internet connectivity is sketchy if available at all. I’ll post when I return and share some of what I discover in Central America.

~

1 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Blogger DetroitGirl said...

Safe Travel--send me pictures; we are still in limbo mode.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home