Monday, February 12, 2007

Not ready to make nice either


Huzzahs to the Dixie Chicks for sweeping the Grammys. Do they hold grudges? “Without going through what we did, we wouldn’t have been able to make this album” one of them said.

I spent the weekend with family in Indianapolis, and got into an argument with my brother-in-law about the war in Iraq while I was helping him wash the dishes. He broke a crystal bowl in the sink. I felt sad as I carried the shards out to the trash. This war has broken families apart just as much as it has Iraq. We should’ve been laughing and talking about the Colts Superbowl win, not trying to make each other right or wrong. Reflecting on it, I feel such certainty that the war is wrong. Even though I love my brother-in-law, I'm not ready to make nice either. Fucking George Bush.

~

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cThe brother-in-law with a son or without?

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger DetroitGirl said...

People are too interested in being right and not interested enough in finding out what the truth is. If we have to make others see things our way, we may be wasting our time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home