Tuesday, February 27, 2007

In the eye of the beholder


You may have read about Delta Zeta sorority at DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana kicking out all their black and overweight members. This is one of the most sickening stories I’ve come across lately, in a world full of sickening stories. These babes need to be humiliated and spurned.

Still, I remember how much I disliked fraternities and sororities when I was in college. To me it was evident they chose members based on looks, money, and other qualities that I couldn’t measure up to. My friends and I in Willkie Quad proudly self-identified as “GDIs” or god-damned independents.

Though there are certain parts of college I wish I could go back and do differently, joining a fraternity is not one of them.

~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home