Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A summer of travel

Couldn't think of anything to write about, and it's been more than a week since my two readers have had any new content. So I thought I'd tell them about my upcoming business trips for the summer. I know, it's probably b-o-r-i-n-g.

In mid-June I'll be going to Chicago for the HOW Design Conference. Chicago is my favorite American city. Maybe it's because I "grew up" there. I spent most of my twenties in Lincoln Park, Rogers Park and Uptown. Damn, it was fun, playing music with my friends, learning about ethnic food when most of the rest of America didn't know the difference between sushi and tortellini. I sold my car and bicycled everywhere I went (except when it was snowing). I did social work for piss-poor wages, so I didn't get rich there, but I learned a lot about life.

July takes me first to New York for three days of the Flash Forward Conference, and then to Seattle for Web Design World. I haven't been to Seattle since my 1985 roadtrip in the Mustang convertible with Lola the dog. I remember a picture-perfect 80º day, glistening water in every direction I looked, and fish at the Pike Street Market. This time I'll be there for four days, and although confined to a hotel and conference center most of those days, I'm looking forward to seeing the city all over again.

I was going on earlier this month about how much I enjoyed hobnobbing with geeks in Austin, but now that I've spent the better part of this afternoon arranging these trips, I'm already starting to feel tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home