Monday, May 01, 2006

The kinder, gentler Condi


To be frank, it scared the shit out of me: I found myself in agreement with Condoleeza Rice. According to the San Francisco Chronicle she actually said something that sounded reasonable:

“Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice weighed in on the anthem debate Sunday, skirting Bush's strong statement last week that the anthem should be sung in English.

‘I've heard the national anthem done in rap versions, country versions, classical versions," Rice said. "The individualization of the American national anthem is quite under way. I think what we need to focus on is an immigration policy that is comprehensive and that recognizes our laws and recognizes our humanity.’ ”

Wow. Suddenly the lady is making some sense. The feeling crept up my spine and made me shiver: she’s cut and run from Bu$hco and has a new group of people advising, grooming her—people who want to formulate her into presidential material. I have a very bad vision forming in my head for 2008: Hillary/Condi.

S-h-u-d-d-e-r. Mind if I sit this one out?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

~

4 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger DetroitGirl said...

I think you're right--although she's said she'd never run. Let's hope she doesn't change her mind.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simple. We don't have to vote for either of them.

 
At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone for resurrecting Ralph Nader?

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph, give me a break.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home